A Simple Framework to Build Notion Systems
I'm sure you've heard this quote many times.
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and he eats for a lifetime
And this is exactly what I try to do with my YouTube content and online course. And this is what I'm gonna do now. Here. In this issue. If you've been following me, you know I've already consulted 40+ companies to build their Notion systems and automations. This means I have learned what works and what doesn't. Over time, I have seen that I tend to follow the same process with all my clients. This process allows me to build a system from beginning to end, and we just have to repeat the process for each system they wanna build. It's what I call "The in-your-shoes framework" It follows this structure. ![[promt.png]] Examples:
- When the video editor wants to start editing a new video, he'll go to this page.
- When the CFO wants to see the MRR, he'll go to this page.
- When the HR manager wants to see whose contract is finishing, he'll go to this page. You see that Z is always the same. Z is a location. That location has a view that will allow person X to fulfill Y desire. Why is does this framework work? Because it puts the workspace designer into the system's users' shoes. How to use this framework? 3 steps: 1 - pick a user (X)
- The video editor 2 - list everything the user may need (Y)
- List of unedited videos with raw files ready
- Table of videos to review and re-edit
- View with paid-for vids and not-yet-paid videos with $ amounts 3 - build those views (Z)
- This is where we build the databases or extra db properties and pages we may need to fulfill Y.
This is specially useful when building workspaces for teams, but it can also apply to individuals. We start with the need, without even thinking on how we're gonna get it done in Notion, and once we've identified the need we figure out how to build it. This is gonna make sure you don't build fluff and everything has a point.
Apply to work together
We work on an application basis to ensure we only collaborate with businesses who will benefit the most from our services.